Course Fees from 1st January, 2016
Deaf Awareness and Communication Training
- One hour Deaf Awareness and Communication taster session - £150 for up to 15 participants
- Three hour Deaf Awareness and Communication Training - £350 for up to 15 participants
- Six hour Deaf Awareness and Communication Training - £700 for up to 20 participants
- British Sign Language (BSL) Three hour BSL Taster Session - £350 for up to 16 participants
- Three hour BSL Extension Session - £350 for up to 16 participants
- Agored Accredited Entry Level 3 – 2 credits. 10 hours over 5 weeks - £700 for up to 16 participants
- Introduction to Sign Language. Agored Level 1 – 3 credits. 15 Hours over 7 weeks - £1,200 for up to 16 participants
- Total Communication in the work place. 3 hour session Part I - £350 for up to 15 participants. 3 hour session Part II - £350 for up to 15 participants
For multiple courses we can negotiate reduced fees so please contact our training team (need contact information email address do we have a training one or does it go to info and reiterate the 01492 530013 telephone number here) with your requirements.
In July 2013 NHS Wales published the All Wales Standards for Accessible Communication and Information for People with Sensory Loss. The Standards suggest
“all staff should be trained in how to communicate effectively with someone with a sensory loss and the training should reflect a person centred approach, particularly important for clinical staff as the patients need to understand what is being communicated to them.”
This standard would be an appropriate standard for all organisations to follow.
Centre of Sign-Sight-Sound is able to deliver training to your staff in an efficient and practical way with minimum disruption to your services.
How can we help you in this important area?
- We can offer you professional training courses, for up to 20 staff on each course.
- Our courses are bespoke so can be adapted to meet both your organisation, staff and service users' needs.
- Learning with us is an active and enjoyable experience, which makes use of simulated activity exercises and a range of different resources.
- Training can be delivered at the place of work through hour, half or full day sessions as appropriate.
- Training can cost from as little as £3.75 per person per hour of training. (can we check that this figure is correct from the costs stated above before we use it please?)